Getting Rid of a Cat Urine Smell Outside
"Cat urine smell outside can be eliminated with an enzyme based stain remover designed for outside areas and natural repellents such as orange peels or plants."
Feline urine smell outside can be a challenge to get rid of. In
fact, you must take a two-pronged approach - you must clean up the
urine that has been sprayed on your house, door, porch, or other
outdoor surfaces, and you must prevent the cats from returning and
spraying more urine in the future.
Getting Rid of the Cat Urine Outside Odor
1. Clean all surfaces - wash all surfaces with
soap and water. Then use an enzyme-based cleanser such as Natures
Miracle. Enzymes break down bacteria
2. Prevent Cats from Returning - There are several ways to prevent cats from returning to outdoor areas around the house. These include:
- Put rocks or pine cones in areas where cats urinate.
- Use plants that naturally repel cats such as Coleus Canina
- Coffee grounds
- Lemon Peels
- Orange Peels
- Cayenne pepper
- Lavender oil
- lemon grass oil
- citronella oil
- peppermint oil
- eucalyptus oil
3. Use a Motion Detector Water Sprayer - Place an Animal Water Repellent sprayer designed to use a gentle spray of water to encourage cats and other animals to move on. It sprays water whenever motion is detected.
4. Animal Repellent Spray - Safe sprays use as
4 Paws Cat Repellent Spray can be used on areas where you don't
want cats to go. This also works as a training aide to keep cats away
from select spots of the house such as furniture.
Have A Great Idea or Need Help with Cat Stain and Odor Removal?
Can you help other cat owners? Share it!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...